My Top 5 Lockdown / Work From Home Tips!
Posted by Johnny Lord on
I've been working from home for a few years, so when lockdown struck it didn't really strike me as much different to my usual routine and beacuse my family were at home too, it started to feel like the school holidays and my daily routine slipped. Fast-forward a few weeks and we were all struggling, so we decided we needed to get things back on track by regaining a (new routine) so here are my top 5 tips as lockdown continues.
1. I've already mentioned it - get a routine. Have a wake up time, start work / school time, brake & meal times, stop times.
2. Get outside. As the weather improves and the days get longer, get out and have a quick walk, run or bike ride, it's good for body and soul and get the creative juices flowing and the brain working!
3. Take care of business. I am the first person to admit that I do spend a large part of the day in my joggers and that they are all paint marked. However, it is important to keep you and your environment clean and tidy. So, even if you're staying in and seeing nobody, don't neglect yourself and enviroment!
4.The last point extends to your mental wellbeing. If you find that you have persistant low or depressive moods and feelings please seek help from your doctor. Look after yourself to maintain a steady mood and positive outlook. Do the things that you enjoy: read a good book, listen to music, cook, reach out to friends and family, create somthing, watch a good film.
5. Have something fun to look forward to each week. Host a family film night, have an online watch party, host a zoom party, have a kitchen disco night or hold a games night..
I hope these help and that we're all able to get out and about again soon.
Share this post
- Tags: art, johnnyinthe56, lockdown tips, working from home